Sydney Morning Herald RSS News Headlines
The top News headlines from The Sydney Morning Herald. For all the news, visit http://www.smh.com.au.
last updated: 25/02/2017 3:57 PM
- Former Wallabies star James O'Connor allegedly arrested attempting to buy cocaine: reports
Reports coming out of France late on Saturday night claim former Queensland Reds and Wallabies back James O'Connor and former All Blacks lock Ali Williams have been placed in custody in Paris following an arrest by plain-clothed police officers who allege the pair were attempting to purchase an illicit substance.
- Victorian speaker and deputy speaker resign over expense scandal
Victoria's embattled speaker Telmo Languiller has sensationally quit.
- French President Francois Hollande hits back at Donald Trump over Paris comments
French President Francois Hollande fired back at Donald Trump on Saturday after the US president told a conservative conference that a friend thought "Paris is no longer Paris."
- Kim Jong-nam murder: Suspect says she was paid $117 to apply deadly nerve agent
An Indonesian suspect in the assassination of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un's half brother says she was paid the equivalent of $117 to help apply a baby-like liquid to his face.
- Australia v India Test series: Steve Smith savours success as Virat Kohli's blood boils
Steve Smith drew first blood in the battle of the captains as Virat Kohli's hot temper threatened to boil over during the final day of India's humiliating first Test defeat.
- Perth Glory march on with win over Western Sydney Wanderers
Perth Glory has rocketed to third on the A-League table after a hard- fought 2-0 win over a weary Western Sydney Wanderers at nib Stadium on Saturday night.