Sydney Morning Herald RSS News Headlines
The top News headlines from The Sydney Morning Herald. For all the news, visit http://www.smh.com.au.
last updated: 26/05/2017 9:07 AM
- Adelaide mother, child found dead at Glenelg home in suspected murder-suicide
South Australian police are investigating the death of a mother and child in a suspected murder suicide at a home in Adelaide overnight.
- Australian Rally Championship driver Brad Markovic scares sports journo
Rally racer Brad Markovic scared Canberra Times sports journalist Eamonn Tiernan into next week.
- AFL Live: Sydney Swans v Hawthorn Hawks
Who would have picked this at the start of the season? Both teams are in the lower rungs of the ladder with 3-6 records. The loser tonight surely is officially out of finals contention.
- Indigenous summit rejects 'minimalist' recognition, pushes for treaty and voice in constitution
In a stunning repudiation, the indigenous convention rejected the idea of acknowledging Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders in the constitution.
- Jockey shuffle helps Keith Dryden and Scott Collings with Thoroughbred Park running double
An apprenticeship jockey shuffle through the stable's doors has helped Canberra training duo Keith Dryden and Scott Collings bag a running double.
- Care centre grants elderly WA man's wish to go fishing... by bringing it indoors
A palliative care clinic in Western Australia has granted an 88-year-old resident's wish to go on one last trip to reel in a good catch - by bringing the fishing to him.