Sydney Morning Herald RSS News Headlines
The top News headlines from The Sydney Morning Herald. For all the news, visit http://www.smh.com.au.
last updated: Oct 27 2016 2:40 PM
- Thousands of migrants sleep rough in Calais and Paris after the 'Jungle' closes
Bulldozers cleared mounds of debris and continued tearing down makeshift shelters at the 'Jungle' migrant camp in Calais as authorities said 6000 people had been evacuated.
- We will rebuild it: developers say sorry, hire lobbyists and spinners
The "cowboy" developers who illegally knocked down Carlton's Corkman Irish Pub have apologised for their demolition of the 159-year-old hotel, and have said they will rebuild it.
- Police seek information about missing woman Keira Noack
Police are appealing for public assistance to help locate missing 22-year-old woman Keira Noack.
- Footage shows police opening fire on would-be carjacker
Dramatic footage has emerged of the moment police shot a man in a suburban Melbourne street after he allegedly tried to carjack a BMW.
- Besieged MP Steve Herbert failed to declare Trentham house
Besieged Victorian MP Steve Herbert failed to declare his ownership of the Trentham house to which his two dogs were ferried at taxpayer expense.
- Credit bureau Veda reveals nearly 3 million Australians at risk of credit default
The Australian suburbs with the lowest and highest credit scores revealed in a new report.